Sustainable Manufacturing with Clean and Renewable Energy
In today's world, where sustainability is at the forefront of our concerns, renewable energy has emerged as a practical solution. At its core, renewable energy is energy derived from sources that naturally replenish themselves over relatively short periods.
From the radiant power of the sun to the kinetic of wind energy, there are numerous sources waiting to be tapped. While it may not provide a total replacement to fossil fuels, renewable energy stands as a pivotal element in curbing the detrimental effects of climate change.
Environmental Benefits of Renewable Energy
Renewable energy offers a multitude of environmental benefits that are driving its widespread adoption across the globe.
- Unlike fossil fuels, which release carbon dioxide and other pollutants when burned for energy, renewable sources like solar, wind, and hydropower produce little to no direct emissions during electricity generation.
- Renewable energy sources are often associated with lower water consumption compared to fossil fuel power plants, which can be especially crucial in water-scarce regions.
Economic and Social Aspects of Renewable Energy
Renewable energy offers tangible economic advantages that extend well beyond environmental considerations.
- The renewable energy sector has become a major source of employment, spanning installation, maintenance, manufacturing, and research and development.
- Less susceptible to market fluctuations and geopolitical tensions, which can lead to volatile energy prices.
Renewable energy also has a range of positive social impacts, with improved public health being a standout benefit.
- Lower healthcare costs and an overall improvement in public well-being.
- Foster collaboration with local communities where these projects can create opportunities for community engagement, investment, and additional revenue streams.
Exploring Sustainable Energy with Ajinomoto Malaysia
Ajinomoto (Malaysia) Berhad (AMB) has demonstrated its commitment to sustainable energy initiatives through its 'eco-friendly factory' in Bandar Enstek. As a Certified Green Building and a responsible corporate citizen, AMB has taken proactive steps to address global warming and environmental concerns.
Their efforts include a substantial reduction in Carbon Dioxide (CO2) emissions by transitioning from fuel oil to natural gas as a heat source and harnessing renewable energy from solar panels. These initiatives align with Ajinomoto Group's global sustainability strategy, which aims to promote better health, reduce environmental impacts, and improve overall quality of life.
Looking ahead, AMB's new plant is poised to further contribute to the sustainability of society and the environment. Collaboration with customers and local communities along the entire value chain underscores their commitment to becoming Malaysia's most trusted and beloved food company while advancing the cause of sustainability.