Cheesy Mashed Potato Stuffed Mushroom
Watch The Cooking Video
Cheesy Mashed Potato Stuffed Mushroom is a rich and succulent dish created by combining mashed potatoes, onion and cheese into mushroom caps. In this quick and easy recipe, you’ll find the juicy texture of the mushrooms and creamy mashed potato with cheese irresistible, thanks to the naturally sweet and savoury properties of the onion. It makes an excellent side dish for your dinner or party. If you are a vegetarian, then it's great for you too! Use large cremini mushrooms that will hold up well during cooking. You can use different types of cheese in this recipe, but we prefer using mozzarella cheese because the mild and mellow flavour goes well with mashed potatoes and mushrooms.
|100 g||Russet potato, boiled|
|5 g||Chives, chopped|
|2 tbsp||Melted butter|
|1 ½ tsp||AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Black Pepper|
|200 g||Cremini mushroom (stem to mix with mashed potato)|
|50 g||Grated mozarella cheese|
- Heat up the oven to 180°C.
- Mash the potatoes, add in chives, chopped mushroom stem, 1 tbsp of melted butter and season with 1 tsp AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Black Pepper and set aside.
- Marinate the mushrooms with 1 tbsp melted butter and ½ tsp AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Black Pepper.
- Scoop in mashed potato to each side of the mushroom cap and arrange the mushrooms on a baking tray.
- Sprinkle on top of all mushroom with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake the mushroom in the oven for 25 minutes at 180°C. Ready to serve.
When cleaning cremini mushroom, brush away any visible dirt with a kitchen towel until it’s clean.
Product Used for the Recipe
AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Black Pepper Recipes