Gulab Jamun (milk-based Indian dessert)
Milk-based Indian dessert eaten with sweet syrup. Delicious dessert eaten hot or cold. Try Gulab Jamun (milk-based Indian dessert) recipe is delicious and simple.
|1 cup||Milk powder|
|1/3 cup||Plain flour|
|½ tsp||Baking soda|
Ingredients: for the syrup
|2 sachet||Pal Sweet® Low-Calorie Sweetener|
|¼ cup||Full cream milk|
- To make buttermilk, mix full cream milk and vinegar, let it rest for a while.
- For the syrup, boil sugar, water and cardamom until a bit thicker. Turn off the heat, add in Pal Sweet® Low-Calorie Sweetener and saffron. Let it cool.
- Sieve milk powder, plain flour and baking soda, set aside.
- Mix in buttermilk and oil.
- Mix milk powder mixture with buttermilk mixture until a soft sticky dough forms.
- Add in a little more milk if the dough seems crumbly.
- Do not over mix the dough because if gluten starts to form, the balls will not absorb the sugar syrup well.
- Grease your palms with oil and roll the dough into small balls.
- Deep-fry on slow heat until golden brown.
- Soak in room temperature syrup.
Product Used for the Recipe
Pal Sweet® Recipes