Honey Chicken Rice
Our Honey Chicken Rice is different from others. Marinate the chicken together with TUMIX® Chicken Stock, bake in over or air-fryer and brush honey in it. The rice so aromatic with the fragrant of pandan leaf, cinnamon, star anise, garlic and onion. Definitely delicious!
Ingredients: Chicken Rice
|500 g||Rice, soaked for 20 minutes and strained|
|5 cloves||Garlic, chopped|
|1 inch||Ginger, sliced|
|1 pcs||Star Anise|
|2 strings||Pandan Leaf, tie into a knot|
|1 tbsp||TUMIX® Chicken Stock|
Ingredients: Honey Chicken
|½||Chicken, cleaned and drained|
|½ tbsp||TUMIX® Chicken Stock|
|1 tbsp||Fennel Powder|
|1 tbsp||Cumin Powder|
|1 tbsp||Turmeric Powder|
|1 tbsp||Chilli Powder|
|3 tbsp||Cooking Oil|
|½ stalk||Cucumber, sliced|
|2 strings||Spring Onion, chopped|
Method: Chicken Rice
- Melt the butter on pan, stir-fry garlic, ginger, cinnamon, star anise and cardamom pods until fragrant.
- Add in soaked rice with pandan leaves. Mix well and transfer to rice cooker.
- Pour in water and TUMIX® Chicken Stock and mix well. Turn on the rice cooker.
- Serve with sliced honey chicken, sliced cucumber and sprinkle spring onion.
Method: Honey Chicken
- Marinate ingredients and TUMIX® Chicken Stock with chicken (except honey), for 30 minutes.
- Place the marinated chicken on a baking tray.
- Preheat the oven or air-fryer to 170˚C for 15 minutes.
- Roast the chicken for 45 minutes or in air-fryer for 35-45 minutes and may need to change in between time (depends on air-fryer performance).
- Remove the chicken from the oven and brush honey evenly over it. Roast again for 5 minutes.
- Ready to be served with chicken rice.