Lala Clam Soup
Watch The Cooking Video
Lala Clam Soup is a savoury seafood soup with a rich broth that is made from a mix of clams, garlic and ginger. With a natural flavour from the fresh clams used, the ingredients are kept minimal but is seasoned with red chilli and AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper to give it an appetising flavour. There are many variations of clam soup but this clam soup recipe gives a creamy texture. Some versions use water as the base for the soup, while others use milk or cream. The soup can be served in a bowl as an appetiser or main dish.
|500 gm||Lala Clams|
|1 clove||Garlic (pounded)|
|1 large||Yellow Onion (sliced)|
|1 inch||Ginger (sliced)|
|1 stalk||Lemongrass (pounded)|
|1||Red Chili (sliced)|
|1||Bird’s Eye Chili (cut into half)|
|To taste||AJI-SHIO® Pepper|
|1½ tsp||TUMIX® Anchovy Stock|
|1 spring||Coriander Leaves and Spring Onion (shredded)|
- Heat oil and sauté garlic, yellow onion, ginger and lemongrass until fragrance.
- Add the water and TUMIX® Anchovy Stock and boil over medium heat.
- Add in the bird’s eye red chili, red chili and lala clams.
- Bring to boil for a while then add salt and AJI-SHIO® Pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle the coriander leaves and spring onion.
- Serve while it is hot.
The technique of cooking lala or any seafood would only take a short time. This is to prevent it from getting hard.
Product Used for the Recipe
AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper Recipes
TUMIX® Anchovy Stock Recipes