Pak Choy with Anchovy
Watch The Cooking Video
A meal is incomplete without a side of nutrient-packed vegetables. If you’re looking for the perfect dish with your rice, the Pak choy or Bok choy is the perfect veggie side! This vegetable is an all-purpose low-calorie vegetable that is high in fibre and antioxidants. It can be cooked in many ways; including stir-fry, steamed or even boiled. In Malaysia, this vegetable is often simmered in a sauce made with anchovy, garlic, chilies and ginger. It is a popular vegetable dish in Asia and can be found in most Chinese restaurants. For the localised tastebud, anchovies give this dish its characteristic salty flavour and crunchy texture.
|400 g||Pak choy|
|½ tbsp||Rasa sifu™ All in one seasoning|
Ingredients B: sauce
|3 tbsp||Cooking oil|
|3 cloves||Garlic, chopped|
|1||Red chili, chopped|
|½ inch||Ginger, chopped|
|½ tbsp||Rasa Sifu™ All In One Seasoning|
|1 tbsp||Corn flour, mixed with some water|
- Boil water, season with Rasa Sifu™.
- Blanch pak choy until the leaf turn to dark green. Drain and arrange the pak choy on a plate.
- Heat the cooking oil, fry the anchovy until crispy. Set aside.
- With same cooking oil, fry garlic, red chili and ginger until fragrant.
- Add in water and season with Rasa Sifu™, let it boil.
- Add in corn flour mixture and stir until thicken.
- Pour the sauce over pak choy.
- Sprinkle the fried anchovy and ready to serve.
Submerge pak choy in ice cold water after blanching to stop the cooking process and get crispy pak choy.
Product Used for the Recipe
Rasa Sifu® Recipes