A fruit feast with a different taste. Aromatic peach is always appetising, try this and you will crave for it. Peach galette has been a popular food in Europe. Salt and Pal Sweet® Low-Calorie Sweetener make the food even tastier now on.
|180 g||Plain flour|
|30 g||Castor sugar|
|2 tbsp||Chilled water|
|1 can||Peach halves|
|1 tbsp||Lemon juice|
|3 tbsp||Custard powder – combined|
|6 tbsp||Water – combined|
|2 sachets||Pal Sweet® Low-Calorie Sweetener|
|Some||Toasted chopped walnuts|
- Put flour, sugar and salt into a mixing bowl. Rub butter into the flour till well combined. Mix lightly until dough holds together. Shape the dough into a ball.
- Roll out pastry to fit a loose bottomed flan tin. Prick base with a fork and chill in refrigerator for 10 minutes. Line casing with paper and place some beans over.
- Bake in preheated oven at 180° C for 10 minutes. Remove beans and continue to bake for another 15 minutes. Cool the pastry casing slightly
- Filling: Drain peaches and set aside 4 peach halves. Take 2 halves and dice finely.
- Put the diced peach in a saucepan; add lemon juice, water and combined custard powder. Bring to a low simmering boil until mixture is thick. Add in Pal Sweet® Low-Calorie Sweetener.
- Spoon peach mixture over pastry casing.
- Cut the peach halves into slices and place onto the galette. Sprinkled over with chopped walnuts. Chill galette well before serving.
It is best to have galette properly chilled overnight before slicing into individual pieces.