Watch The Cooking Video
Popcorn chicken is a popular snack in many countries. What makes popcorn chicken so popular? Well, it might be because it can be prepared with a few simple ingredients, and tastes delicious! But what makes this dish stand out is its texture - crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. This texture comes from the cornflour coating that gives the fried crust its crunch. It is made from small pieces of deep-fried battered chicken that are coated with a light layer of corn and wheat flour and then cooked until the coating becomes crisp. The dish is often served with a variety of dipping sauces, including ketchup, barbecue sauce, honey mustard sauce or sweet chilli sauce.
|1 kg||Chicken Breast (cut into cube)|
|1 cup||Unsalted Butter|
|Enough||Cooking Oil (for frying)|
Ingredients A: for marinating
|4 cloves||Garlic (blended)|
Ingredient B: for coating
|5 cups||Corn Flakes, blended|
|1 cup||Wheat Flour|
|1 cup||Corn Flour|
|½ tsp||AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper|
- Marinate chicken with ingredients (A) for 30 minutes.
- Mix ingredients (B) in another container, add in marinated chicken and mix well.
- Add in the chicken into the egg and mix well.
- Coat the chicken with ingredients B evenly again.
- Heat up oil and butter.
- Fried the chicken until golden brown.
Product Used for the Recipe
AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Pepper Recipes