Watch The Cooking Video
Rojak Mee is a dish popular in Malaysia and Singapore. The name "Rojak" comes from the Malay word for "mixture". In Malaysia, rojak mee can be found in food courts and hawker stalls. The ingredients of rojak mee vary from region to region but the most common ingredients include potato, cucumber, onion, boiled egg, turnip, dried shrimp and fried tofu puffs. The sauce for rojak mee varies as well but is typically sweetened with palm sugar or ketchup and mixed with chilli paste for an added kick. The dish is often served as an appetiser or side dish.
Ingredient A: gravy
|25 stick||Dried chili, boiled|
|¾ cup||Cooking oil|
|1 tbsp||Dried shrimp|
|150 g||Peanuts, fried and grounded|
|1 tbsp||Tamarind paste, mixed with 2 cups of water and strained|
|2||Potatoes, blended with 1 cup of water|
|3 tbsp||TUMIX® Chicken Stock|
|100 g||Palm sugar|
|400 g||Yellow noodles, blanched|
|2||Tofu, fried and cut|
|3||Hard-boiled eggs, fried and cut into wedges|
|1||Potato, boiled and diced|
|½||Cucumber, thinly shredded|
|½||Turnip, small size, shredded|
- Blend onion, garlic, dried chili and dried shrimp with cooking oil.
- Pour in a pot, fry until oil separated.
- Add in peanut, mix until dry.
- Pour in tamarind paste mixture and stir well.
- Add in blended potatoes.
- Season with TUMIX® Chicken Stock and palm sugar.
- Stir until thicken.
- Place some noodle in a bowl, add the condiments and pour the gravy over. Ready to serve.
Product Used for the Recipe
TUMIX® Chicken Stock Recipes