Steamed Stuffed Tofu with Dried Scallop Gravy
A tasty tofu fried until golden stuffed with minced chicken and other savoury ingredients with special dried scallop gravy.
Ingredients: Stuffed Tofu
|3 blocks||Japanese pressed tofu, cut into 4 blocks|
|200 g||Minced chicken|
|1 inch||Ginger, minced|
|25 g||Spring onion, chopped|
|25 g||Shiitake mushroom, chopped|
|50 g||Carrot, diced|
|25 g||Water chestnut, chopped|
|15 g||Cloud ear fungus, chopped|
|⅛ tsp||Five spiced powder|
|½ tbsp||Oyster sauce|
|¼ tbsp||Corn starch, mixed with 1 tbsp water|
|1 tsp||Soy sauce|
|1 tsp||Oyster sauce|
|1 tbsp||Cooking oil|
|30 g||Dried scallop, soaked in hot water for 20 minutes and loosened|
|3 tsp||Corn starch, mixed with 3 tbsp water|
- Deep fried tofu until golden brown. Let it cool and cut rectangle shape in the centre. Scrap the inner parts of the tofu and keep both of the tofu block and the inner parts aside.
- Mixed all remaining ingredients and tofu inner parts evenly and season with AJI-NO-MOTO® and salt.
- Stuff the mixture into the tofu block and steam for 10-15 minutes or until the filling cook through
- Mix soy sauce, oyster sauce and water in a bowl. Keep aside.
- Heat up cooking oil and stir fry dried scallop until browned and fragrant.
- Add in sauce mixture, mix well and season with AJI-NO-MOTO® and salt.
- Turn off the heat and pour corn starch mixture while stirring. Turn on the heat and simmer until the sauce slightly thickens.
- Pour on top of steamed stuffed tofu and serve hot.
Product Used for the Recipe