Tiger Prawns with Pumpkin Sauce
Watch The Cooking Video
Deep fried fresh tiger prawn, then coated in a savoury and sweet pumpkin sauce, with a combination taste of black pepper. Delicious eaten with rice or enjoy on its own.
|10||Tiger prawn, deveined|
|2 tsp||AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Black Pepper|
|3 tbsp||Frying flour|
|Enough||Cooking oil, for frying|
Ingredients A: pumpkin sauce
|3 tbsp||Cooking oil|
|5 g||Curry leaves|
|2 no||Red bird’s eye chili, chopped|
|220 g||Pumpkin, steamed, mashed with fork|
|150 ml||Fresh milk|
|1 tsp||AJI-NO-MOTO® Monosodium Glutamate|
- Season prawns with AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Black Pepper.
- Pre-heated oil. Coat the back of prawns with frying flour and deep fry them in a wok until cooked. Set aside.
- Heat a pan under medium heat, pour in 3 tbsp cooking oil and stir-fry curry leaves and red bird’s eye chili until fragrant.
- Turn to low heat and add in pumpkin, milk and sugar.
- Seasons with AJI-NO-MOTO® and salt. Stir well.
- Once the mixture becomes concentrated sauce, add in fried prawns and mix well.
- If the pumpkin sauce is too thick, you may add more fresh milk (as different pumpkins may have different moisture level).
- Make sure the pumpkin sauce is not watery as it needs to coat with tiger prawns.
- Cut the pumpkin into wedges, remove seeds and steam until cooked. Remove the flesh from skin and mash with fork for a better texture.
- May use any frying flour according to personal preferences.
Product Used for the Recipe
AJI-SHIO® Flavoured Black Pepper Recipes
Seri-Aji® Banana Fritter Flour