Yin Yang Chicken
Yin Yang Chicken, enjoy tender and juicy chicken with spicy Sichuan sauce and fragrant ginger and spring onion sauce to double your prosperity in this coming Chinese New Year.
Ingredients: Poached Chicken
|2 inches||Ginger, thinly sliced|
|3 strings||Spring onion, tie into a knot|
|1 whole||Chicken, cleaned and drained|
|5 tbsp||TUMIX® Chicken Stock|
|2 litre||Ice water|
|2 tbsp||Sesame oil|
Ingredients: Spicy Sichuan Sauce
|10 cloves||Garlic, chopped|
|30 g||Ginger, minced|
|30 g||Spring onion, chopped|
|1 cup||Chili oil|
|½ cup||Cooking oil|
|2 tbsp||Sichuan peppercorn|
|2 tbsp||Chilli flakes|
|2 tsp||TUMIX® Chicken Stock|
|2 tbsp||Oyster sauce|
|2 tbsp||Sesame oil|
|¼ cup||Chicken broth, from poaching the chicken|
|1½ tbsp||Black vinegar|
|2 tsp||Toasted sesame seed|
|2 tsp||Toasted crushed peanut|
Ingredients: Ginger and Spring Onion Sauce
|1 cup||Cooking oil|
|200 g||Ginger, minced|
|100 g||Spring onion, chopped|
|1 tsp||TUMIX® Chicken Stock|
|20 g||Toasted sesame seed|
|2 tsp||Sesame oil|
Method: Poached Chicken
- Marinate chicken with 2 tbsp TUMIX® Chicken Stock and keep in a chiller overnight.
- Put water, ginger, spring onion, 2 tbsp TUMIX® Chicken Stock in a pot and stir well. Bring to boil.
- Add in whole chicken and let it cook for 8 minutes. Then turn off the heat, put on the lid and let it soaked for 45 minutes.
- Poke the chicken with chopstick, if no blood comes out, it means that the chicken is fully cooked. Take out the chicken and soak in ice water for 5 minutes.
- Cut the chicken, divide into two and transfer to a separate serving plate.
- Mix sesame oil with 1 tbsp TUMIX® Chicken Stock and brush on the chicken.
- Pour spicy Sichuan sauce on half of the chicken and another half serve with ginger and spring onion sauce on side.
Method: Spicy Sichuan Sauce
- Put garlic, ginger and spring onion in a stainless steel bowl or high-heat resistant bowl. Keep aside.
- Heat the chili oil and cooking oil on low heat. Then add in sichuan peppercorns and chili flakes on low heat for 8 minutes to infuse the flavour into oil.
- Pour the hot oil in the bowl with mixture. Put in TUMIX® Chicken Stock, oyster sauce, sesame oil, chicken broth and black vinegar.
- Pour sauce over poached chicken and sprinkle with toasted sesame seed, crushed peanut and spring onion.
- Ready to serve.
Method: Ginger and Spring Onion Sauce
- Heat the oil in a pan, stir-fry ginger on low heat for 5 minutes or until brown then add in spring onion and continue frying until fragrant.
- Add in TUMIX® Chicken Stock, sesame oil and toasted sesame seed. Stir well and turn off the heat and let it cool down.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seed and ready to serve with poached chicken.