Hot and Sour Soup
The dish hot and sour soup is a well-known dish in the Chinese Sichuan cuisine. The soup broth is thicken and filled with savoury, spicy and tangy. The blending of vinegar, white pepper and sesame oil makes the soup an addictive combination.
Nutrition Value in 1 Serving
|8 pcs||Dried shitake mushroom|
|4 pcs||Dried black fungus|
|4 pcs||Dried lily flower|
|6 cups||Water, from soaked dried ingredients|
Ingredients B: for soup
|2 tsp||Minced ginger|
|2 tsp||Minced garlic|
|1 no||Shallot, minced|
|1 ½ tsp||Chili flakes|
|120 g||Chicken breast, diced|
|1 tsp||Thick soy sauce|
|1 box||Soft silken tofu, cubed|
|1 tsp||White pepper|
|3 tbsp||Black vinegar|
|1 tbsp||Corn starch, diluted with some water|
|2 nos||Eggs, beaten|
|1 tsp||Sesame oil|
|Some||Sliced spring onion|
- Rinse shitake, black fungus and lily flower with cold water and soaked for 30 minutes in warm water. Drain and slice, reserve the stock water.
- Combine the minced ingredients with reserve stock water, chili flakes, chicken breast, sliced ingredients (A) and thick soy sauce in a pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add in soft silken tofu and season with AJI-NO-MOTO®, salt, white pepper and black vinegar.
- Thick the soup with corn starch and bring it to a boil.
- Stir the soup occasionally while slowly stir in the beaten eggs.
- Pour the sesame oil on top and garnish with spring onion. Ready to serve.
With the application of AJI-NO-MOTO®, it is able to reduce about 21% of sodium while maintaining the same deliciousness of the dish.