Mutton Rogan Josh with Puri
Mutton Rogan Josh is an Indian lamb curry that originated in Kashmir. It gives a delicacy with intense flavours and a moderately spicy mouth-watering taste. Best paired with the soft Puri.
Nutrition Value in 1 Serving
Mutton Rogan Josh
|800 g||Bone-in mutton|
|1 cup||Plain yogurt|
|1 tbsp||Fennel seed powder|
|3 tbsp||Chili powder|
|1 tsp||Ginger paste|
Ingredients B: spices
|1 tsp||Cumin seed|
|1 pc||Dried bay leaf|
|2 inches||Cinnamon stick|
|6 pcs||Green cardamom|
|2 cups||Whole wheat flour|
|2 tsp||Cooking oil|
|2 cups||Oil for frying|
Mutton Ragan Josh
- Heat the ghee in a pot, sauté the spices before adding the meat.
- Cook the meat under the low heat until lightly brown.
- Mix well the plain yogurt, fennel seed powder, chili powder and ginger paste to a smooth paste and add into the pot.
- Add in the water and season it with AJI-NO-MOTO and salt. Let the mutton cook until soften on medium heat. Stir it occasionally.
- Ready to be served.
- Add all dry ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Slowly add water and mix until dough starts to form.
- Now add the oil and knead for a further 5 minutes until a smooth dough forms.
- Cover and allow to rest for 5 minutes (dough can be refrigerated for 2-3 days).
- Roll dough into mini balls and flatten with the rolling pin.
- Drop into hot oil and cook till golden brown. Drain onto paper towels to remove excess oil.
- Add to the hot oil, cook until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Ready to serve with Mutton Rogan Josh.
With the application of AJI-NO-MOTO®, it is able to reduce about 14% of sodium while maintaining the same deliciousness of the dish.