Sambal Dried Shrimp Cookies
5 - 6 Servings
Unique Dried Shrimp Sambal Cookies with a spicy taste and definitely a healthier option to be served during the Chinese New Year celebrations
Ingredients: Sambal Udang Kering
|100 g||Dried shrimp|
|25 g||Dried chili|
|3 tbsp||Cooking oil|
Ingredients: Cookie Dough
|150 g||Unsalted butter|
|30 g||Icing sugar|
|300 g||All-purpose flour|
Ingredients: Cookie Decoration
|1/4 tsp||Bamboo Charcoal|
|1 tsp||Black Sesame Seeds|
- Prepare the Dried Shrimp Sambal:
- Blend the pre-soaked dried shrimp into small pieces.
- Blend all the blended ingredients.
- Heat oil in a pan, stir-fry the blended ingredients until fragrant (5 mins).
- Add in the seasoning.
- Add in the dried shrimp and stir-fry for 10 mins.
- Prepare the Dough:
- Put the unsalted butter and icing sugar in a big bowl, beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in all-purpose flour and AJI-NO-MOTO, then use a spatula to mix them well.
- Wrap the dough with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 30 pieces and form them into a ball-shaped dough (around 16g per piece). Save 5 of them as decoration dough.
- Flatten each ball-shaped dough, put some dried shrimp sambal in it and wrap it well.
- Divide 3 ball-shaped dough into 50 small round shapes as tiger ears.
- Take 2 ball-shaped dough to mix with bamboo charcoal powder.
- Use the black colour dough as tiger stripes.
- Use black sesame seeds as tiger eyes.
- Bake the cookies:
- Preheat the oven at 180°C for 10 minutes and bake the oven at the same temperature for 20 minutes.
- Use a brush to apply some pink colouring powder on cookies as tiger cheeks.
- Enjoy the CNY cookies.
Product Used for the Recipe